Thursday, December 15, 2011

2 Pounds Down

I went from 304 yesterday to 302 even this morning.  I'm back on top of it.  See -- I merely needed to start this blog again and, poof, progress!

My mission: get to 299 by Monday morning!!!  Okay, preferably tomorrow morning but I will say Monday to curb the disappointment should I not see the number tomorrow.  

I want to say adios to the 3's sooooooooooooo bad.  So, so, so, so bad.  


I am not sure when I even went from 299 into the 300s.  I know I lost 50 lbs and got down to 220 for a split second in 2002.  I could not and did not maintain that low for long.  I have NO clue when I was below 200.  High school sometime.  Eh -- early high school.  I know I had to be over that by my senior year.  I think.  Hmmm.  I don't know.  I didn't take a scale to college with me.  So I know I didn't weigh myself my first year there.  So let's see -- I can pin point 270 around 2001...which got me dieting and down to 220.  I was seriously addicted to spinach then.  I would eat it constantly.  With a light balsamic dressing.  I would have bowls of it.  I only WISH I could love it as much now as I did then.  And I lived with a roommate while attending law school and I would pick up a chicken sandwich or whatever while I was out (something fast food) and I would never, ever finish it.  I would give it to him.  It was a good roommate arrangement diet.  :-)
I got married in Jan of 2004 and I am thinking I was 275-280 kind of range.  Maybe I was closer to 250s.  I can't remember.  Next think I know I was at 324.  For a LONG time.  Weight would fluctuate a little up and down but 324 was pretty much the magic number from at least 2006 when I was pregnant with my first daughter, until probably early 2010 and I packed on pounds.  Then October 2010 I began dieting like a mad woman when the scale stopped reading my weight at 355 and then, POOF, I got pregnant.  I started trying earlier that summer to get pregnant and at that point I didn't think it was going to happen for me again.  So 27 pounds lost in 7 weeks, then the positive pregnancy test.  And then 16 pound gain and then the rest of the loss to date.  

It HAS to stick this time.  It must.  For myself and for my girls.  I have to lead by example.  Then again, my mom is as thin as can be.  I have pictures of her in a bikini looking gorgeous and holding my younger sister when she was no more than a year old.   It's not like she set a bad example for me and look at me now.

We always had dinner at the dinner table with the family.  Always had healthy lunches packed.  I was never the kid with fruit punch in their lunch box.  No chips.  No Kool Aid in the house.  Go figure.  Who knows what happened.

PCOS happened somewhere along the way.  My sister has it as well and for the first time ever her weight has surpassed mine.  I also have hypothyroid.  

Anyway -- thanks for reading through my thought process (if you made it this far).

The point to that whole thing: I want to say goodbye to the 3s forever!!!  


I am 53 pounds down and it is barely noticeable to people.  Embarrassing.  BUT, I do feel better.  I can see a difference in my booty.  There are three pairs of pants I have had in my closet that I haven't worn in ages and I can wear them now.  That feels really good.  I can see the weight loss in my face from time to time when I look in the mirror.  So it is good.  I just really need to see a 2 as the leading number when I get on the scale next.  I really need to see it to keep me going.

How is everyone else doing?

I think I need to go back to protein shakes in the morning.  But after a year -- I don't even remember my own recipe!!!  What are any of you doing for breakfast?  I need quick and easy.










3 comments:

  1. My favorite breakfast lately is 3 egg whites, mixed with 1/2 c. of uncooked rolled oats, and a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well and cook it up like a pancake - YUM! Tastes like French toast. Sometimes if I make it after a long run, I top it with a schmear of Greek yogurt and some berries. Like a little breakfast pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really yummy, thanks. I need something faster during the week, though. Full time job and a 4 year old and 4 month old to get out the door in the morning = NO me time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every morning for breakfast I eat a 1/4 cup of oatmeal made with 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk with 1 Tbsp of almond butter topped with a teaspoon of splenda. It's my favorite!

    I so know what you mean about setting a good example for your girls. I have a nearly 2 year old daughter and I don't want her to be like me. I don't want her to have a bad relationship with food the way that I do. Keep up the good work. 50 pounds is a LOT and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete