Friday, December 23, 2011

Fudge - Crisis Averted!

Here we go -- right into Christmas.  I cannot believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow.  It does not, at all, feel remotely like Christmas to me.  So weird.  Strange and sad, too.

Anyway, so far I have been completely fine.  Thank you neighbors for NOT bring us cookies and baked goods! Ha.  My husband was given some homemade fudge this morning from a student he tutors.  I did have a bite.  Lucky for me it wasn't even good!  Whew, crisis averted!

We did, however, receive a box of See's Candy last week.  See's is a weakness.  Christmas is really the only time I stumble across it in one way or another.  And I was bad.  I don't even know how much I ate.  I accounted for it in my daily calories though.  I guess was saved me was that it was a special holiday box and they had those weird lemon ones in them.  No -- don't put lemon in my chocolate.  Blech.

Tomorrow I will bake the mandatory sugar cookies for crazy amounts of icing and sprinkles for my daughter. Luckily, those are not a temptation.

I managed to NOT get on the scale this morning.  I think that is a good thing.

I am finally out of work until January 3 so I have time to do a little research and homework and get my meal plans figured out.  So that is a goal of mine in addition to all the house clean-up organizing I hope to do.  I think I need to do the morning protein shakes.  I need more protein in my diet and the shakes are no brainer breakfasts once I get them figured out again and work them into my morning.   And the rest I will figure out.  I just really need to focus on good, healthy foods.  Filling, yet low calorie.  The calorie budget is the hardest to deal with.

I also plan to clean up/out the garage next week.  We want to put exercise equipment in it.  I have to start working out or this weight loss is going to stop.  It can't be diet alone.  My husband went to the doc and doc wants him to lose 10 more lbs (he's lost 10 since July....baby weight?!).  Oh, how I wish the doctor said that to me.  10 lbs.  Um, yeah!!!

So those are my goals at the moment.  Onward we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment